[at-l] Re: Trail camera

> One of the best compact cameras I've ever run across was the Olympus
> XA and XA-2 line.  It's the generation before the Stylus, and just
> about indestructable.  Flash is a separate unit, and focus and
> film advance is manual.  XA is a rangefinder, while the XA-2 is
> zone focus.  I picked up my XA-2 about 1990, and had to replace
> the camera battery last year.
> Looks like ebay prices are around $60 for the XA and $25 for the
> XA-2.

Wonderful compact camera with a GREAT!! lens.  I'm on my second XA after the
first took a dive (literally) in a lake in Canada.  Really sharp contrasty
lens, very accurate metering - it shoots slide film very well, small, light
and rugged. I miss the feature on some other P&S but teh quality of photos
shot on 200 Elite is superb.

Big Bird