Re[3]: [at-l] Trail Camera?

I  don't  disagree  with  anything  Saunterer  says in his rebuttal to my camera
suggestions. I think the question was whether to use a SLR or a point and shoot.
I tried to dispose of SLR quickly to get to the practical solution for most long
distance hikers.

Probably  the  most primitive point and shoot has more versatility -- except for
film  size  --  than  that  Ansel  Adams  used  to  make some of his most famous
pictures.

Certainly  the  skill of the photographer is the key to good photography. When I
was  a  dedicated  photographer,  around the ages of 14 to 16, -- rather than an
occasional  snapshooter  as now -- I took what I still consider excellent photos
with a Kodak Box Camera, using 616 film if I remember rightly.

Weary