Re[2]: [at-l] Trail Camera?

At 12:41 AM 4/10/02 -0400, Bob C. wrote:
>A  single  lens  reflex allows you to look through the same lens that
>takes the
>  picture,  thus  you  know  exactly  what  you are taking a picture of.
> They are
>  excellent cameras -- the ones that professionals use.

Weary, I have to disagree with the last phrase of your definition.  There
are SLRs of varying quality and while some professional photographers use
*high quality* SLR cameras, not all do.  There are many high quality
rangefinder cameras (think Leica and Voigtlander) that are the preferred
tools of some pros not to mention medium and large format cameras.

A cornerstone of my photographic teaching is that "point and shoot" is a
lie promoted by the camera companies in order to sell cameras.  Good
photographs are made by good photographers.  The camera is merely an
incidental tool just as a hammer and saw are incidental tools to the
cabinet maker.  You want a tool that will do what you need to do and hold
up to whatever stresses it will be subjected to, but you are the critical
factor in making good photos (or cabinets).

sAunTerer
Old saying - 'It's a poor workman who blames his tools'