[at-l] Completing the AT

In 1972 I walked my first section of the Appalachian Trail. It took a =
week backpacking 37.5 miles (then) from ME 17 to ME 27. I fell in love =
with Backpacking, and the A.T.
In 1976 I attempted a NOBO thru-hike which ended in Waynesboro VA. I =
became ill on the trail and spent a week recovering at the Waynesboro =
firestation. Fire Cheif Frost put me up that week and a local doctor =
gave me a free exam and 'trial samples' to help me out. Talk about =
'trail magic'!  My first night back on the trail the symptoms =
returned... I walked back to Waynesboro and jumped on a Greyhound for =
home, I cried when I got there.
Six years ago I decided to complete the rest of the AT, doing it one =
section at a time. Since then I've hiked all but 5 miles in Maine, 5 =
miles in NH, and 256 miles from Boiling Springs PA to Waynesboro VA.
This coming Friday I'll board a Greyhound for Waynesboro to hike my last =
long section.

Wow... the memories, and the dream, are alive and well!=20

God willing and knock-on-wood this will be the year I complete the =
trail...

Onestep
http://onestep4me.tripod.com

multipart/alternative