[at-l] chili recipe

Good chili starts with chunks of beef, not hamburger, and dried "Jacob's Cattle"
beans.  None  of that canned stuff. Home grown fresh tomatoes are ideal, but for
winter  and  spring  use,  I have to compromise by using my frozen tomato puree.
Simmer  the  chuck  and  beans  in  separate  pots for a few hours, combine, add
seasonings, tomato, whatever suits your impulse of the moment.

I  could be more specific, but I'm getting hungry so I must put on a batch. If I
work fast, it'll be ready by tomorrow evening.

Weary