[at-l] Not Wilderness but a vibrant Ecosystem

OK, the AT isn't wilderness.

Whats the point?  The ecosystems along the Trail operate as if it were one.
With few exceptions the flora and fauna wouldn't be any different if the AT
met everyone's definition of wilderness.  If we don't degrade the
surrounding areas too much it might just stay that way for a few
generations.

I will continue to think of the AT as wilderness but with people in it.
Oxymoronic and completely incorrect, but it works for me.  When the deer and
moose and bear and birds take a hike, then I will join the corus that says
its not a wilderness.

The other thing special about the AT is that it is a continuos corridor of
wild habitat.  I think that is important, and suspect that wildlife does
too.  At least how the Trail exist now.   The AT is more than just a place
with a footpath, and more than the sum of its parts.  The corridor would
have value even without all the hikers.  And that value will increase over
time.  If its looked at as just a hiking path for our own selfish enjoyment,
then I think we are missing something.

I no this doesn't address anyones points exactly, but it addresses what I
took away from them.  Big difference, I know.