[at-l] Stiffed by Hiker

I sort of like the way the local mom and pop down the road handles bad
checks. After the check bounces, and they have tried but don't get there
money, a copy of the bad check goes under the glass counter top at the
register. There is a list on the back of the register ( customer side) of
local folks Name, address, and date of bad check, and a printed * 1/2 X 11"
photo of check passer with words in bold red "Bad Check".  As a customer you
get to peruse the check bouncers while paying for your purchase.
They have a sign stating that the check owner can purchase the picture and
bad check for cash.
They started there bad check hall of fame when a local doctor with big
house, expensive car and a habit of bouncing checks forced them to have to
go to small claims court for there money. His next bad check and mug shot
ended up out for all to see. He was mad, but paid up on his bounced check,
and hasn't bounced there since.
To me the funny part is he still buys there.