[at-l] Stiffed by Hiker

Jim,
There used to be tremendous grapevine of providers.  Unfortunately some
places have closed, some new ones
have opened, and some have changed ownership.  Basically, I've contacted the
folks in the Companion, either by
email or phone. Back in the Blizzard of '93 I had a list of where every
hiker was from Neel's to Fontana.
The problem with this incident was, since he was here on 3/21, and I didn't
get the check returned until 4/6,
since it was on a Texas bank, there was a fairly large time frame, and I
needed to contact the folks in Erwin,
Hot Springs and Damascus.
I apologise if some were offended by my describing this person.  However, I
felt a description to the best
of my ability was needed to put the alert out on this guy.  I'm being
critized by some for posting legitimate information.
America's Most Wanted does more on National TV than what I did.
If you were robbed, raped or whatever, would you not want any witnesses to
give the authorities the best
description possible?
Today I had a young female hiker in who wanted to pay by check and I had to
tell her no, but did tell her
why.  So what this kid did ruined a possible payment method for other
hikers.
So if it makes you feel better critizing me, please feel free to do so, as
I'm tough and can handle it.
Jensine