[at-l] info

Among the problems with Parkingson's is the difficulty in maintaining
one's balance, or recovering and avoiding a fall. He may be placing
himself and potential rescuers at risk by hiking with backpack and
attempting to go into backcountry.

Assuming you live in Western NC, areas that can provide him some "AT"
with relatively little obstacles include Max Patch, the visitors' area
around Clingman's Dome, and similar areas. These are beautiful area,
but pretty tame as far as hiking goes.

Good luck for your friend as he deals with the challenge.

Bill...