Truck dashboard shield was Re: [at-l] Newbie answers and Blood Mountain

DTimm65344@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 04/07/02 8:19:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> orangebug74@yahoo.com writes:

>>BTW, I spent the night in my HH with a truck dashboard sheild
>>

> Even though I'm not sure I need it for my HH (I don't seem to have the same
> insulation needs as others have noted) I'm curious where one finds these
> things. I heard somebody mention Walmart and I was there the other day - I
> checked the automotive section and found nothing like has been described.
> Any hints, folks?

I checked my local Walmart.  They had plenty of dashboard shields,
but not the "jumbo" size, which I think is what I'm looking for.
At my Walmart, it was in the automotive aisle next to the camping aisle.

FWIW, the Walmart was also out of grease pots, fleece fabric, and
refrigerator magnets.  I left empty handed.

Hammockhanger Sue is going to be trying out a Thermolite bivy instead.
I'm very interested to see if it works well for her.  According to the
description at REI's website, it's 36 inches across.  If you're not
a big roller that could be sufficient.  Or, of course, you could
get inside the thing.

-amy