[at-l] Newbie questions - footprint

In a message dated 04/06/02 10:56:01 AM Eastern Standard Time,
AHuthmaker@aol.com writes:

> Do I really need a 'foot print' to go along with my tent?  At 11 oz.
> and 35.00, it seems like I can do just as well with a sheet of tough
> plastic.
> Any thoughts?

The answer is that, yes, a footprint is necessary to avoid damage to the
tent.  However, a plastic sheet works fine for that.  Before my brother
replaced his Sierra Designs tent about a month ago and got the footprint that
goes with it and hooks into the tent, he used a plastic sheet that worked
very nicely.

Black&blue

multipart/alternative
  text/html