From: Charles Copeland
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 9:48 AM
To: AT-L@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [at-l] contact lenses on the trail

I wear contact lenses - but not disposable ones.  Mine are the plastic
semi-permeable plastic ones.  I rarely have problems with putting them in
our out because I only deal with them in the morning when I wake up and i=
the evening when I go to sleep.  I carry a pair of glasses for when my
contacts are out.

It is a pain however, when dirt or bugs fly in them - then I have to clea=
my fingers, take the contact out, clean it, hope it doesn't blow away in =
the
wind, and then poke it back in my eye. Another problem has been dry eyes.
When my eyes dry out my contacts can pop out when I blink.

Charles

Hello,

I am new to the list and have just been lurking for a little while.  I ha=
ve
recently gone from glasses to contact lenses and was wondering about the
difficulties of caring/wearing contacts on the A.T. as opposed to glasses=
.

SnowBear
GA>PA 99

multipart/alternative