[at-l] contact lenses on the trail

I wear disposables, pack a backup pair of glasses. Usually put in a fresh
pair to start, leave the lenses in for two days and one night when hiking.
Use Purell to washup before taking them out, and before putting a new pair
in. The most trouble I've ever had with contacts hiking- Once in a vertical
freezing rain with icy cold wind gusts I blinked both lenses out. I pretty
sure they were freezing up! It was just a January beach hike in Maine, lucky
I wasn't somewhere 'wild' cuz I'm blind and didn't have my glasses with me.
The second worst was having a thick spider thread catch across one lens,
which 'bugged' me for days. That's why I always carry spares, saline, purell,
and glasses now.
TJ Magoo

multipart/alternative
  text/html