[at-l] A Question Of Trail

I think the key point is this:  As long as we respect private property
rights by supporting land trusts and governmental programs that PURCHASE
land from WILLING sellers, then there is no issue.  Where it gets
tougher is when we get to either eminent domain, or regulatory takings
concerns; both are areas where well meaning, reasonable folks can differ
- and I don't think ole Daniel had the foresight to address the rise of
the modern bureacracy, but I doubt he would like it . . . no matter how
"good" some of its stated "ends" are.

thru-thinker [thinking philosophically tonight! :)]