[at-l] Low Traffic?? plus great link to journal

I've been trying to figure out what was going on yesterday and today as
well.  Very low traffic, I even went to the web view to make sure I was
receiving all of the email from the list.  On a wet, stormy day here in
Atlanta I had hoped to enjoy the list all day, and if that were all I
had it would have been a very boring day since there is almost no
traffic.

I did spend a couple of hours reading the journals from George Steffanos
1983 thru hike that someone posted a few days ago.
http://www.skwc.com/exile/Hail-nf.html is the link.  I am finding this
to be an excellent journal written a bit differently than other journals
or books I have read.  He has done a good job of really sharing a lot
about his internal struggles and mental state of mind.  With this set as
the cornerstone, and related to the reason for his hike, he blends
physical problems and triumphs along with external influences such as
people, trail conditions, town stops, etc.

It is a good read, and if it were a published, printed book, I would pay
for it.  As a section hiker, I find this to be a rather enlightening
read.  Since George was so open in his writing, I am able to understand
the logic behind his decisions and his motivations to push on up the
trail, and also to stop.  I have read the journals of thru hikers for
years and never really grasped like I can from this journal why the push
for mileage and to do nothing but walk, walk, walk.  I am able to
understand the push for mileage, and the need for shelters which I have
never used and typically avoid.  Since my hikes are motivated totally
differently, I had just never been able to relate and understand the
reasons like I can with this writing.