[at-l] I don't need no stinking tripod... was BartSmithPhotographs

Yes but . . . If you take that route you should still drill a pilot hole to
avoid splitting the stick and in my experience wood screws turned into end
grain aren't very secure.   They work best across the grain.  Epoxy, on the
other hand, doesn't care which way the grain goes.

Are you, Wisperlite and I the only ones not hiking?  :-(  The list is
awfully quiet.