[at-l] Awwww.....Lynn Seltzer

In a message dated 3/29/02 8:07:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ARTCLOUTMN@aol.com writes:

> Real Hikers read "A Season on the Trail"
>
> The genearal public reads "A Walk in The Woods"!

And people who enjoying reading as much as hiking read both.  I liked the
book, and read it not for the purpose of learning about the trail, but for
sheer entertainment purposes.  Rarely when people are doing research do they
rely on one book alone, and surely realize at some point that Bryson's book
wasn't an accurate depiction of the nature of the trail, but sheer
entertainment.  Remember that, people?  Entertainment?   Is it some sort of
crime to read a freaking book?  I've never heard such an uproar and
personally think its ridiculous that we're even having this discussion.  I
read Mein Kaumf by Hilter and it doesn't make me a Nazi.  Real hikers my a$$.
 I don't blame Bryson for not attending the conference.  Who wants to get
reemed by a bunch of rigid hikers?  Not me, but I know I'm in for it now!
Eeeek!

Kelly (running and ducking and HIDING!)

multipart/alternative
  text/html