[at-l] Converting footsteps to miles

This may not be what you want to hear, but for stair climbing I
would measure your workout in terms of vertical gain.  Stair climbing
is good for getting used to going up, not going long.  Walking
around downtown is good for that.  I'd either ask a building
maintenance person how high each flight is, or bring a tape measure
in and do it yourself.

Chris

Chris Willett
cwillett@math.uiuc.edu