[at-l] Converting footsteps to miles

Gary,
Just count the flights and don't worry about the miles.  Climbing stairs is
an excellent aerobic and muscle workout.  I've been climbing (and
descending) 30 flights twice a day (up six, down six, repeat 5 times) for
several weeks.  No noticable weight loss yet, but I bicycled 20 miles home
from work yesterday and felt good the whole way.  My biggest problem is
boredom, the same six flights of stairs with the only change being the
weather, (2/3rds of the flights are outside).  That's why I like riding
better, you can vary the route all over the map.  But riding isn't an
option here in Michigan for about 3 to 6 months every year. so I climb
boring stairs for a couple months every winter.

Pat Loomis

Gary Roberts <GRoberts@npr.org>@mailman.backcountry.net on 03/28/2002
10:17:07 AM

Sent by:    at-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net