[at-l] Umbrellas - OT

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 08:44:54PM -0600, Jason Ball wrote:

> Since I made the mistake of talking of Bill Bryson and posting to the purism subject, I thought if I put off topic and asked the question maybe the purists might not want to kill me. Has anyone used an umbrella and what were the pros and cons?

I can't picture it being useful in my playgrounds (the whites), because
of the sometimes horizontal rain, and the narrow bushy paths in smoeplaces,
but I think out west (this is a Jardineism, i think) things may be more
open and they may be more useful.

Right now, best rain solution I can come up with that doesn't turn
me into an Oven is a poncho and Gaiters.
--
Jonathan Hartford				jon@outland.net