[at-l] 2000-miler What the ATC actually requires

----- Original Message -----
From: "kahley" <kahley@ptd.net>

> Notice it says blue blazed trails count??  I didn't know that...woohoo.

In the event of an  emergency, such as a flood, a forest fire, or an
impending storm on an exposed
 high-elevation stretch,

> Notice it says you don't have to pass every white blaze?

In the event of an  emergency, such as a flood, a forest fire, or an
impending storm on an exposed
 high-elevation stretch,

It also says:

>ATC assumes that those who apply have made an honest effort
> to walk the entire Trail, even if they did not actually walk past every
> white blaze.

The requirements aren't stupid or difficult, even I can understand them. If
you want the patch and certificate you make an honest effort to hike the
entire trail. You don't intentionally skip any of the trail unless; In the
event of an  emergency, such as a flood, a forest fire, or an impending
storm on an exposed  high-elevation stretch, blue-blazed trails or other
officially required
roadwalks are considered viable substitutes for the white-blazed route.