[at-l] 2000 Plus Or Minus

your ending comment is really my point - but the way you replied makes
me think you did not see where I was trying to go with this, so here
goes again [the short version!]  I asked these questions not because
they matter to any particular extent to me, but to try and get people to
think a minute about the fact that we ALL use various symbols every day
- so it is a bit ridiculous to get fixated on saying, well - MY symbols
are more important than YOURS, or YOU must be too hung up on symbols
'cause YOU want a 2,000 miler patch . . . while I am more "special" [and
thus somehow holier] because I DON'T want or need that symbol . . ."

In short, it's all way too much ado about nothing - we all value various
symbols, and we ought to all respect each other's various "symbol value
systems" without too much fussing! [or cussing!]

ambulating on,

thru-thinker