Re [at-l] Picking on Bill

At 10:08 AM 3/26/02 -0500, Bob C. wrote:
>  The evidence is obvious. Some of the most fascinating people found
> anywhere can
>  be found on the trail. Bryson missed them all. The only fellow hikers he
> seems
>  to have met in any detail are two mostly imagined caricatures -- an
> obnoxious
>  female and a lost-prone man.

How do you know it imaginary?  Vas you dere Charlie?  Seriously, the last
time this came up and doubts about the existence of Katz were expressed,
someone responded that they had met Bryson and Katz on the trail that
year.  With all this talk about truth we should be careful about
accusations of lying based solely on out suspicions.  Anyway, Katz isn't
all that unbelievable.  I know people like that.

SAunTerer