[at-l] Hennessy Hammock attachment idea.

Greetings,

Non-Hennessy owners, delete now.

I've been tinkering with a way to hang a HH without
having to tie and untie the knots. What I've settled
on is a modification on an idea from Geartester at
BGT. Here's what you need;

2 weight-bearing carabiners.
1 climber's daisy chain.(2 if you have an older HH w/o
tree huggers)

I don't count the carabiners towards weight since they
are also useful for attaching stuff to your pack.
Figure 1 oz for the pair if you insist. The daisy
chain takes the place of one tree hugger, so net gain
at most should be 1/2oz.

Which end is which really doesn't matter, for
convenience I'll start with the head end(HE).

Take a tree hugger, and tie in the hammock at the HE
to ONE loop. Clip a carabiner into the second loop.

At the FE, tie a butterfly(or any other static
midline) loop just beyond the range needed for your
rainfly hook. tie a bowline(or any other static) loop
at the end of the rope.

Setup: At the HE, wrap the hugger around the tree.
Clip the carabiner onto the rope. Rotate the setup so
that the carabiner is at the back of the trunk, and
the rope is passing thru the 'biner and back over
itself. Note; the hammock is not under tension at this
time, so there's not a possibility of damaging the
tree. Tensioning the hammock will happen from the
other end, and this setup shouldn't move.
 At the FE, wrap the daisy chain around the tree. Pass
the FE rope thru BOTH end loops on the daisy chain.
Thread the rope thru the midline loop. Clip the 'biner
into the end loop. Now, pull the hammock taut, and
clip the 'biner into one of the daisy chains at the
desired tension.

To take down, just unclip the FE 'biner.

-Rob