[at-l] Bryson question

In a message dated 3/26/02 12:59:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
patrick.loomis@ch.novartis.com writes:

<< >I think one of the most frustrating things about his book is the fact that
 >he made much more money and sold far more copies than any thru hiker -
 >possibly more than all trail books combined. It happens that way from time
 >to time.

 That's because he knows how to tell a story.  >>
AND because he has a very long history of writing travel books.
Unfortunately, most of the great AT books I have read are the first or only
publications by those people.  Thus the lack of public acknowlegement.  Isn't
that a shame?!  Anna