[at-l] Bryson question

In a message dated 03/26/02 12:59:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
patrick.loomis@ch.novartis.com writes:

> That's because he knows how to tell a story.  He has a rare gift for
> spinning yarns.  That's why I laughed until tears flowed.  If you can read
> that book and not see yourself in there somewhere, you're taking yourself
> way too seriously.  And it is fiction after all.

And even though I love all his books, they probably all belong in the fiction
section at the bookstore.  They are typically in the travel section IME,
which may be the issue.

When people select a travel book, the presumption is that there is some truth
in there (actually, there probably is some truth in there, but it's tough to
find it amongst all the tongue in cheek, and I believe he means most of it to
be tongue in cheek with the exception of the injected factoids, which may or
may not be accurate).

Black&blue

multipart/alternative
  text/html