[at-l] digital camera vs. film

Steve although I liked the Elph I bought an Olympus D-510. One of the
reasons was the battery. The Elph only uses a rechargeable and the D-510
uses 4-AA batteries. These can be rechargeable, alkaline or Lithium (good
for cold weather). Although it's larger than the Elph, the  2.1 Megapixel
D-510 weighs about the same, around 8 ounces. It has a built in lens
cover, 3x zoom (and 9x digital zoom) and also takes QuickTime movies (no
sound). The 'film" is Smart Media and the camera has a USB port. There
are various modes and settings which are easy to use. I thought long and
hard before buying this camera and although I've only had it a couple of
months, I have no regrets. It's the right camera for me. You might want
to check the reports on digital cameras at WWW.CNET.COM . I belive for
most of us digital is cheaper and better than film. I spoke to a
professional photographer at the recent Big South Conference basketball
tournament, he said he takes almost half of his pictures with a $600
digital camera. He has many conventional film cameras, including large
format and one expensive digital camera, but the "cheap" digital is
always in his pocket.

woodelf