[at-l] Sleeping pads

My latest preference on sleeping pads is to use a 3/4 length Ultralight
thermarest on top of a full length Ridgerest.  The two of them together
weigh about 2 lbs., the same as the 3/4 inch Ultralite Long Thermarest
(don't confuse the 3/4 length with the 3/4 inch).  This is not,
obviously, the lightest way to go, but IMHO it combines comfort and
weight in a way that provides the best sleep for me, and also provides a
sitting/sleeping pad to throw down on the trail in the middle of the day
without worrying about punctures.

The Ridgerest closed cell pad under the foam pad gives you the added
comfort for your upper body, especially padding under my hip bones, and
also some comfort for below the knees (ankles on cold hard ground/floor
is not comfortable).

I have used the following combinations:

1.  3/4 inch Ultralite Long Thermarest only.

2.  Full length closed cell Ridgerest only.

3.  3/4 length Ultralite Thermarest in combination with the full length
Ridgerest.

My preference now is # 3.  YMMV