[at-l] 2000 Plus Or Minus

At 04:57 AM 3/25/02 +0000, Lugnut wrote:
I know there are
>many former thru hikers still active in some way with trail activities
>but most fade into the mist, although I will say that the ones that stay
>active are a great help and much appreciated.

Ya know, this leads to an issue that has always fascinated me.
People who invest months of their lives in hiking the AT and then,
essentially stop hiking.  It happens every year.  Maybe they come
back to it in later life but they come of the Trail and then find
another passion.  I just don't get it.