From: Sloetoe [mailto:sloetoe@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 2:10 PM
To: at-l@backcountry.net
Subject: [at-l] PLS READ: our use of the "subject" box sucks; we need to
do better.

I know I am not the only one to be deleting much of current at-l
traffic (which is not a criticism of the traffic's quality, only
a realization of increased traffic and decreased time-to-read).

Yet nobody seems to be pointing out that when a post strays from
the original thread, the subject box needs to change to, to
reflect what is now going on with that particular series of
posts. (Some threads lately have diverged into tongue-in-cheek
and then totally serious offspring, and probably some fine
{serious} posts were ignored because people were seeking to
delete the cute-at-the-time tongue-in-cheek posts.) (Glad my
keyboard still has the little dash-dohicky; phew!)

PLEASE: take a moment to clue the readers of this elist as to
the actual subject in the post. That is the _considerate_ thing
to do. And really, to not do it is truly INconsiderate. Don't be
like that.

=====
Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!
   Pro Pondera Et Meliora.