[at-l] Big Old Failed Hammock Experiment

I'm missing something. (What else is new?)

What is the source of the wetness? Was it a rainy humid night? Had you
been hot and sweating? Did you spill something?

So far I've only used either plain inflatable or closed cell mats, and
haven't actually tried out my truck dashboard reflector. I suspect that
against your skin will start a sweat going, and the evaporation will
make you cool. I think you want to have some sort of fleece (more than
capilenes) between you and the reflective insulator. My _suspicion_ is
that you had an equilibrium that kept you cool but fairly dry until you
got into your bag, then the sweat didn't have as much immediate heat
and just accumulated. Initially, the layers were skin, fleece undies,
reflectix. Afterward, skin, fleece undies, sleeping bag and reflectix.

I'm real interested, as I haven't decided whether I'm hanging or
tenting next month in NJ/NY.

Bill...