[at-l] Why I'd like to meet Rocksnroots

In a message dated 03/23/02 1:14:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Nybob914@aol.com writes:

> In a message dated 3/22/02 7:19:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> DTimm65344@aol.com writes:
>

> > .  Heck, while
> > I'm at it, I'd even like to meet RnR someday.
>
> REALLLY!!!!!....WHY?...<VBG>
>
> Bob

I was raised to never believe anything you read and only half of what you
see.  Since everything we do here is written (and therefore read), the only
folks I truly know (or think I know) how to read, are those I've met and with
whom I've spent time talking.
We touched on this a while back when we discussed the difficulty of inferring
folks meaning when they post things.

The short answer is, I prefer to evaluate people in light of personal
experience, I guess.

By way of example, I found the PA Ruck enlightening in that I had
preconceived notions about certain folks based on posts read from last
October (when I first joined the campfire) and January when the event
occurred.  In some cases, I was right, in others I was very wrong.  I have no
idea what other people thought I was like before I met them (or what those
who have never met me think now), but I assume those opinions were (and are)
all over the map.

Hike happy -

Black&blue

multipart/alternative