[at-l] Baxter Ban

>  In my opinion, elected officials care about the concerns of the >people
>who can vote for them. A letter, containing a $10 check, from >an actual
>constituent carries weight. An email from IdahoJoe does not. >Anyone with a
>spamming proggy can send hundreds of random appearing >emails, and
>sophisticated politicians all know this. If you want to >lobby an
>issue,engage the local people, and send real letters.
>TJ

"Not to confuse this lister with the facts, but the Trailplace e-mail program

began not to influence any politician. but rather to have hikers' voices
included in the Draft Environmental Impact Statement regarding this issue.
And to help support the NPS in steeling thier resolve on protecting
Sadleback."

 Hi Rick, nice to see you posting.
 Sorry to have confused you by mentioning in passing WF's anti-ATC Saddleback
campaign, but we were talking about Putnam. The paragraph of mine you quoted
is, on second look, pretty good.
 Care to disagree?
TJ

multipart/alternative