[at-l] Trip Report - Day Four: To Old Carter Gap Shelter

> Later, Frog Caller wanders in, right at dark.

> I offer to help her get her tent up, or get water.
> But no, she is
>independent, she has it all under control. I admire >her grit. She walks VERY
>slow, yet covers the same miles. I am warming to her. >Later someone makes
>fun of her pace, and I snap: "She's slept in the same >places as you the last
>few nights, done the exact same miles!" So much d$ck-
> measuring and assessing
> everywhere, even out here.

Jan -

Don't know if you recall, but when I first joined the list and posted a bio, I mentioned a Thru I met in 2000 named "Daybreaker", a retired school teacher from Florida.  He took the smallest little baby steps I've ever seen, and he did it all the way from GA to ME.  Slow and steady, as they say.

I figure Frog Caller will do just fine.

Black&blue