[at-l] Trip Report - Day Four: To Old Carter Gap Shelter

### Learn to write, will you Jan???

--- Jan Leitschuh <janl2@mindspring.com> wrote:> But after
several take their shots and survive, I pour a small dram. It
warms me. My companions seem jollier.  It is good around the
fire. Look at the sky, someone says; we all look up, silent.
Stars burn bright; the sky has faired off. No one talks for at
least a minute. It is another holy moment, only the snap of the
fire; we are here, in the thick of it. We all know it. The seed
of kinship begins to swell, right here.

> I sleep well.
>
> March 13: 12.5 miles walked. Feet hanging in there, knee
complaining. No bears today.

=====
Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!
   Pro Pondera Et Meliora.