[at-l] Gloves/Socks

>  You might
> find sylnylon overmitts to be too slippery but maybe >you can put some goo
>on
> them to give you a bit of traction if necessary.

*********
*This is a great idea, and I think I will try to make a *pair first, since I
*love my simple wool gloves. They were useless without *waterproof covering in
*a pouring downpour though, and I needed hand covering *in that chill wind.
*********

Look for sales at outfitters, once the weather warms up.
I got a pair of GoreTex mittens for $5.00. They have something on the palm & thumb for gripping.
They are light, great for blocking wind, & as long as
you keep moving, you don't need gloves under them.
When I stop moving I use a pair of thin stretchy
gloves ($1.00) under them.

Russ