[at-l] Sense of Wilderness and Town Stops

> > The answer isn't in the physical world, but in your own mind
> > - even on the PCT and the CDT, Rick.
>
>Agreed.  Any sense of wilderness - any sense of anything - is a >subjective
>experience; which is how you can feel totally alone in a >crowded room.

I suppose.  There is a lot of collected wisdom in those posts.  Still, I am
having trouble with all this.

If the sense of wilderness is to be found in our heads, then what is the
importance of protecting view sheds?  If a sense of wilderness is to be
found in our heads, whats the problem with advertising in shelters?  If the
sense of wilderness is to be found in our heads, why not construct bigger
and better facilities to camp in?  Or expand the system of White Mountain
Huts so even more people can enjoy the wilderness? Why not thow parties in
the 100 mile wilderness (so called), or even on the top of Kahtahin for
kindred spirits that come  by?