[at-l] Philosophy of hiking. (WAS: lots of other threads...)

Hiking for me is an adventure. Actually for eveyone its an adventure --
just different adventures. For as many hikers as there are there are
twice as many reasons to hike. Some days is a day hike with a light pack
and now view further then the tree to my left. Other days its the 25+ lb
pack and days of effror to see the wonderful world that God has created.
I have never done a hike more then 2 weeks at a time. I am currently
planning my thru hike for 2003. I feel that if there is only one reason
why i hike then what about those days that reason is not enough. From me
hiking is an adventure -- every day a new adventure. Take a step and see
what happens.

Paul L. (NY)