[at-l] Quitting work, going hiking....

--- Nina Baxley <mizwaterfall@yahoo.com> wrote:
> If I were you, I'd turn down the raise and wait
> and wait to give your two weeks' notice. Whatever you
> do, just be sure they know that you've enjoyed working
> there and that you're not quitting because you don't
> like the job or the company. Who knows, maybe they'll
> think that hiking the CDT is cool and encourage you to
> re-apply when you get back from the trail!

### How about:
"I'm in the middle of considering some major changes in my life
*outside* of work, and now would not be a good time for me to
also entertain material changes here at work too. I remain
interested, motivated, and am pleased that I'm employed here,
but because of other (outside-of-work) things, now is not the
time to make a change."

In two weeks, you come and say:
"I've made some decisions, and I'm going to accomplish this
goal. Here's a map, I've got the address here written down --
would you mind a post card or two? -- and I sure hope I can
entertain that raise, and maybe that (due) promotion, upon my
return this fall."

Politictoe

=====
Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!