Re[2]: [at-l] Re: Cellphone connection availability (was) RE: [at-l] another tak...

>  The lopsided support for cell phones among most of those who
> respond to the
>  list, tells everyone that if we run into trouble, just wait a moment and
>  someone will come along with a cell phone and offer rescue.
>
> The possibility of instant rescue, instant communication, is
> incompatible with wilderness.

Tell us why.  Why is it incompatible?

Should no one ever be rescued?  Should S&R be disbanded?  Should lives not
be saved?

I don't disagree that people who go out into the back country should be
prepared to do so, but time and unforeseen circumstances befall all of us.

Shane