[at-l] Gloves/Socks

Gear Questions:

Gloves/Mitts: Anyone have a favorite pair of waterproof/windproof hand
coverings that don't weigh a ton? Has anyone ever made silnylon "mitts" to
cover their gloves?
I used mare insemination sleeves (just happened to have them handy...) which
were fine (and actually quite necessary) for the week. But I want something
more substantial for the thru.

Socks: My beloved Smartwools didn't dry fast enough on wet-river trail
conditions. A pair of synthetics would have.
Anyone out there done 2K-plus miles on a pair of synthetic hiking socks they
LOVE? Thick is good...

--
    	Jan Leitschuh Sporthorses Ltd.

	Website: