[at-l] pittsburgh 830pm 03/16/02

pittsburgh 830pm 03/16/02

tented near elkwallow speing, not too far south of elkwallow wayside.  bumped into trudy (schnauzer), and her humans, cesar and maude, at the wayside.  they began hiking from katahdin last july.  www.peaksforprogress.com...

had a bad night.  first night on this hike tenting with others - trudy and her humans.  stayed up yakking till 9pm - way past hiker bedtime.  then trudy and her female human went out to pee during the night, and i thought they were critters.  then i felt something on my back, and pulled off a tiny tick - yuk!  then every little itch made me think i was infested with ticks.  then it started raining at dawn.  well, you get the picture - not a whole lot of sleep...

hiked in sprinkling rain all day.  trudy and her entourage passed me by like i was standing still.  but i knew the day would improve.  two friends, skyline and dr. dick, hiked north to meet me.  they had positioned two vehicles along the trail, and offered me a slack, which i accepted.  what a joy.  we stopped at pass mountain hut, which skyline and dr. dick maintain.  nice shelter, good flowing spring, two-seater privy...

ended today at thornton gap.  skyline is hosting me tonight, and again tommorrow night.  skyline and dr. dick are working in concert to allow me two more days of slacking.  i'm in heaven<g>...

pittsburgh

This mobile message sent using PocketMail.
Sign up for unlimited e-mail at www.PocketMail.com.