[at-l] Trouble in Vernon - NJ Herald

Greetings,

Steve, I want to personally congratulate you on your recommendation.
While the park service has just studied the issue, developed a proposal,
and met and presented information to a community group, your proposed
letter campaign stands to make the difference in this issue. Since the
article stated the children sat silently with signs, I christen this
controversy the Vernon Mime Issue.

See you on the Hump this Spring!

Also, let's not bash NJ. Any preconceived notions (NY's garbage heap,
toxic waste haven) of NJ were shattered by my section hike from DWG to
Bear Mtn. several years ago. I thought it, like every other section of
trail I've encountered to date from Springer to Kinsman, was
beautiful. Plus, I believe the fire fighters in Vernon, and the
dissenting day hiker in the article, are indications that this may
just be a NIMBY issue.

Take Care,

Tim