[at-l] Pittsburgh back on the trail

It was a great day to be on the trail.  Unfortunately, I had to come back
home at the end of it, but Pitts is still headed south.  After a breakfast
buffet and PO stop to mail his bounce box, we headed out.  Perfect hiking
weather - cool, just a little breeze, heartbreakingly blue skies.  Passed a
couple of groups of college kids spending their spring break time on the
trail.  Smart kids. At the Manassas Gap shelter (Pitts will probably tent
near there tonight) we met up with a guy who looked like he had to have been
carrying 100 pounds.  Looking at everything he had hanging on the outside of
the pack, I simply couldn't imagine what he had inside!  Stove, and pots,
and fuel bottles, and food, and water bottles - lots of dangling appendages.
Yeah, I know - HYOH.  I'm just glad I'm not hiking his hike!  Lots of good
work done at this shelter . ..  and with the cold temps tonight, I don't
think Pittsburgh will be able to report any snake sightings.

All the springs and little creeks between Ashby Gap (Rt 50) and Manassas Gap
shelter at least had water in them, although they're running slow.  We're
supposed to have some rain moving in tonight. But it's also not supposed to
be much, so keep doin those rain dances.

suz