[at-l] The AT in June....

Hi All,

I was considering a thru-hike of the Long Trail in June of this year but
have been reconsidering. I don't have a lot of backpacking experience so I
don't want to get in over my head. From what I've heard and what I know of
New England hiking the Long Trail will be quite tough. What I'm not
considering is doing a month long section of the AT from Springer north.
Being a female and hiking alone I'm wondering if this is wise. Would I be
alone a lot during this time of year? Would you suggest a different section?
I'm hoping that this would be a good start for me and then maybe next year
do another month long section in June and then maybe the LT in July.... (I'm
off from work June and July). Any suggestions????

Thanks,
Daria