[at-l] Dehydration experiments continue!

Well, this weekend found a pack of Costco Salmon thinly sliced and
displayed for party pickings on the counter, and the bagels eaten. No
one laid claim for the salmon for the rest of the week. Mrs. Bug left
the house with Spring Breaking little one, leaving me alone with a
house, a dehydrator and salmon!

After cutting a couple of lemons and squeezing the juice into a bowl, I
dipped each slice before laying it on the dehydrator rack. This package
made enough slices to fill 2.5 racks of my 4 rack dryer. After locking
the porch doors to keep out the pets, I set the salmon out to dry about
noon.

This rocks! I have no stink in the house, no one upset with me wasting
good food, and a bunch of crunchy and slightly lemony tasting salmon
after about 6 hours. The is still some oil from the thicker pieces, but
I expect this to be done within the next 3 hours. This looks like
enough salmon to last for 2-3 meals, and looks like it will weigh well
less than 4 oz. All of this for very little effort in my $7 Tuesday
Morning special American Harvester dehydrator!

It is probably getting late for any thru hikers out there to start
dehydrating, but the SOBO's and future planners ought to be considering
this as a good supplement to your diets.

Bill...