[at-l] expert risk takers

Bob Cummings wrote:

Uh - Bob?  Once again, you've morphed the argument.  That's called
"misdirection".  If, to paraphrase you - you're "weary" of the dumb
discussion - then why do you not only keep it going, but morph it in
different directions?

>  Yes. Jim. I'll concede you are probably an expert on risk. I know
>experts. I've spent a lifetime dealing with experts.

And so have I. But I've never claimed to be one.  In fact, it would seem
that you're the resident "expert" here.

You "must" be the expert here, Bob - you post more and on more subjects than
any other list member - by a considerable margin.

>Experts are "my" playground. Experts were the nine out of 10 analysts
>who were still recommending we buy ENRON a week before it filed for
>bankruptcy.

Uh - Bob?  By your definition, an "expert" is a dirty word that  describes
anyone who says or does anything that disagrees with you. What you miss is
that if all those "experts" are wrong, then that makes you the "expert".  If
it's a dirty word, then you need to look in a mirror.

You've obviously made a valiant attempt to become the at-l "expert" on
"everything".  After all, It's you who answers "every" thread that gets
discussed on at-l - even when you know nothing about it.  To the point that
you've been known to answer a query by saying that you don't know anything
about the subject, BUT....

Tell me, Bob - why do you think that kind of post is necessary - or even
desirable?  Why do you feel it necessary to increase the traffic on the list
like that?

Anyway - you don't seem to have remembered my definition of an "expert" -

Ex - is a has-been
Spurt - is a drip under pressure

Did you "really" want to be the at-l "expert" on "everything"?

:-)))

Walk softly,
Jim