[at-l] Sleeping bags.

I have a 15+ year old Feathered Friends down bag, with goretex outer;
never has it failed me, and I primarily hike/camp in the wet, damp
southeast, plus it has been with me in the PA northwest.  I used that
bag for the first month on the AT [3/16 - 4/15], then went to a thin
slumberjack synthetic, plus a MtnHardware bivy bag; then went to a $10
wal-mart fleece liner plus the bivy bag . . . IMHO, down is awesome for
the first month, as long as it is a GOOD down bag, with gore outer.

thru-thinker