[at-l] My Tarp, n' Stuff

Have a great time... This Quit smoking hiker wishes
he was going too (but sleeping out of Snore range...
those "older" ladies are fiesty with their elbows)...

You may be turning 48, but you have the heart & legs
of a 30 year old.
Enjoy!

Russ
PS. I'm getting a CT scan on my back tomorrow, to
get to the bottom of my back problems... So I can be
on the trail before I turn 48 (next year...).

*Five more sleeps in my own bed until I hit the *mountains and hike for a week
*from Unicoi Gap, where the Stop Smoking Hike left off. *Sure wish my fall
*trekking companions were with me, a jolly bunch.

*I hope to finish Georgia and continue to put in the NC *miles. I have never
*carried seven days worth of food before (15 pounds *worth, with those last
*couple Snickers and a block of extra sharp cheddar!). *It will be a good test
*for my Moonbow pack (not to mention my cardiovascular *system... wheeze,
*gasp).

*On this Tuesday, a week from tomorrow, March 12, *somewhere near Deep Gap, or
*Standing Indian Shelter, I will turn 48. With fate on *my side, a year from
*now The Feet will be walking this same route, without *having to come home
*for a long, long time.