[at-l] My Tarp, n' Stuff

Did I mention I sewed some darling apple green beaks on my tarp? I feel ever
so Martha (Stewart).

Seriously, I have been having some moments of doubt about taking my tarp out
to the Georgia Appalachians in March, but I set it up tonight. There came a
sharp westerly wind, and it had been blowing raw all day. With freezing
fingers, I staked out my tarp with the windward side to the ground, erected
the apple green beaks for the first time, and crawled in. A haven! It was
windfree, spacious, and very, very green inside. God I love silnylon!

As I crawled in, I felt a happiness settle upon me. I always feel this way
with my tarp. I never felt this way with my  tent.

Five more sleeps in my own bed until I hit the mountains and hike for a week
from Unicoi Gap, where the Stop Smoking Hike left off. Sure wish my fall
trekking companions were with me, a jolly bunch.

I hope to finish Georgia and continue to put in the NC miles. I have never
carried seven days worth of food before (15 pounds worth, with those last
couple Snickers and a block of extra sharp cheddar!). It will be a good test
for my Moonbow pack (not to mention my cardiovascular system... wheeze,
gasp).

On this Tuesday, a week from tomorrow, March 12, somewhere near Deep Gap, or
Standing Indian Shelter, I will turn 48. With fate on my side, a year from
now The Feet will be walking this same route, without having to come home
for a long, long time.

--
    	Jan Leitschuh Sporthorses Ltd.

	Website: